I got myself this cooker six months ago from amazon regarding $35, and to be truthful, although the reviews I read on this item all said it’s great, I has been very skeptical in regards to the $35 price tag and was not expecting much. On top of that, both my personal mother and also my mother-in-law warned me in which cheap stress cookers are dangerous, and We *must* acquire something higher priced for safety reasons. I feel just really glad which they were each wrong!
This is unquestionably among the best purchases I’ve made about amazon. I nonetheless cannot think they sell this regarding $35! The pot doesn’t feel cheap whatsoever. It provides very strong handles, and any thick, heavy bottom part, which keeps in temperature well. I similar to this pan a lot that sometimes I take advantage of it rather than my fry pan to sautee beef, because with the deeper pot the cover, less clearing up for me: -)
I intercourse soup and also stock, but it typically takes up a lot of my personal time once the stock will be simmering. With this pressure pot, I can make a meat-fall-off-the-bone soup in an hour!
Some will dsicover this pot to become a little around the small part, but this pot works great for we. Although we’ve guests above regularly, I get the capacity with the pot being very good. I would guess that this pot works well for up to a 4-person family.
- Inexpensive, at $35, it’s tough to defeat
- Durable, I has been afraid the plastic addresses would split easily, but they are actually quite powerful
- Stainless steel makes it great for browning beef pieces regarding stew or even stock, and it heats up fast and also holds temperature well.
- Secure, you can’t open it when it’s pressurized.
- Dish washer secure, though I prefer to clean it manually.
- The handle can be tricky to hold with one hand. My palms are little, and whenever you’ve closed the top, the handle is sort of big. Luckily, I won’t need to do this often, and when I have to move that around, I merely use each handles.
- The very best cap can be tricky to wash. I typically soak that in hot soapy h2o, and after that clean that thoroughly with Q-tip.
- The handle curves in a manner that it attracts any still dripping wet liquid, I’ve hurt myself once when i wasn’t cautious at opening the include.
- Do *NOT* eliminate the cap although it’s blowing! The heavy steam from inside is very hot and as soon as you remove the cap, the hot steam will shoot up faster than you can move the hand(azines) apart.
- We keep some water bottles within my freezer, and when I have to cool this off in a hurry, I can make a bath of chilly water within my sink, put the hot pot inside, and chuck the froze h2o bottles in. This typically cools that down quickly, great when I must refrigerate that overnight in order to skim off the fat, and didn’t wish to wait too much time for that to cool down. » Read more..